My first blog post! I won't bore you with my list of goals and dreams, or with an in-depth psychological analysis of the issues that are bothering me today ( believe you me I do that so often you would cry). So let's just say I am a dreamer with so many things to do and so little time to do them. I am trying to be very organized about my time , which is split between work (endless hours), language classes, GMAT prep , gym, boyfriend, friends, family ( oh my , so much more things than i thought!). SO naturally, with what little free time I had I decided I should start a blog!!! heehee, sounds crazy but I am a pretty good juggler ;) To make matters worse I am a die hard perfectionist , and so I either do something perfectly or I just give up and altogether give up doing it.
To make a long story short, this space is my refuge for all things related to make-up , beauty, weight loss , the whole shebang. I know there are lots of others around me with the same goals as me so I hope you can identify with many of the things I talk about on here. God this is becoming so random. OK, briefly the two main themes of this blog:
A. Makeup : An avid make-up fanatic. I think I have the most make-up out of all the people I know. LOVE to obsess over make-up and new looks and what you can actually do with it. My favorite make-up items are blush and fragrance ( not really make up i know but you get the gist ..) Will be doing many posts on that
B. Fashion: oh how I long to work in the world of fashion. And not in the design, trend-setting aspect. God no. Although ** me thinks** I was blessed with a good fashion sense and an openness towards new trends and ideas , I wish I can work more from the brand angle. The branding of luxury products, the manipulation of aspiring consumers, it might sound strange but I find that to be so powerful and enchanting, kind of like music to my ears. To actually have the ability to make your brand a part of consumer's religion is something I desperately dream of taking part of.
C. Weight-loss: I've gone through some rough patches in the past.. causing me to pile on so many pounds which I cannot seem to be able to get rid of. Though I am definitely an emotional eater, I hopefully will not bore you with that too much because I am dealing with my issues with a counsellor. I am thinking of starting weight-watchers and have already started with the couch to 5K plan so hopefully with the help of my blog ( and all those who are going through the same thing that I am) will be able to achieve my goals and finally feel okay and confident with myself.
Let me end with a wonderful quote i found today :
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best," and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. ~A.A. Milne
I love Pooh Bear.
Leila xx
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment